Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, October 21, 2011

It's Been Since Prom

Yesterday, our relief society had a Princess Party.  It was great.  It was actually a dress up party.  When I saw the invitation, I thought YES!  I have an excuse to dress up like a princess!  Then I thought NO!  I don't have any princess stuff!  Daniel told me we couldn't buy any more stuff until payday :( I hate it when that happens! 

So, being ever "creative" I thought the last time I felt like a princess was my wedding day.  But, I rented my wedding dress so that wouldn't work.  But  I kept my shoes, so those were definitely an option. 
I kept thinking...the time before that that I felt like a princess, was senior prom.  So I called up my mom and told her to send my prom dress. She said ok, but ok like "ok, what are you up to?" 
When the dress came, Daniel opened the package because usually packages from my mom include treats.  He called me up and said "your mom sent you a big blue Cinderella dress! Why would she do that?" I told him it was for my princess party.  He looked at me like "you got permission for a Halloween party not a princess party too..."
Then I had him try to fit me in it.  It was a tight squeeze.  In fact, it didn't close all the way in the back.  So I wore a sweater to cover up my garments.  Luckily it was cold outside!  Here's the finished product:

Whew!  That was a tight squeeze, but we made it work!  There's my wedding shoes, see 'em?  I love those shoes!  We had a great time, full of tiny treats made by culinary experts in my neighborhood, learned how to walk and curtsey like princesses, played bingo (I won a nail polish!), and jammed out to karaoke.  I'm proud (maybe I should be not so proud) to say Pam Peterson and I performed a little ditty...Come away with me.  I think I had some excellent PSHHHHHHH rain sounds that may or may not have happened when I was supposed to be singing words.  It was fun though.

Afterwards, my friend Shauna and I went and got pumpkin spice frozen yogurt at Yogurtini.  Still dressed like I was.  She's a true friend.  When we went in, the cashier guy was really cute.  I said "I know I'm dressed retarded, I'm not crazy."  He said "Oh, I was just worried about you getting icecream on your pretty dress!"  He was a sweetie.  We had a great night!  I love being a mormon!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, I get to be your first comment!!! The blog is FANTASTIC! Maybe you should be the one giving me lessons on how to make a super cute blog. Good job on adding a picture too. We will have LOTS of good pictures for you to add next weekend. Welcome to the blogging world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, you are so cute. I wish I could have gone! I was just so overwhelmed with things that I couldn't get away - which is exactly the time I NEED to get away!
    love your guts!

    ReplyDelete