Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

How Our Blog Was Born

I have been wanting to start a blog for a long time now.  Why didn't I?  Well, I was intimidated.  Everyone had a quite background!  My life isn't that interesting, I'm an editor who loves to eat!  What font would I use -- Seriff/Sans Seriff?  What will I call my blog???! What if I, gulp, spell something wrong or have a dangling modifier?  All these things say so much about who you are as a person, and you'll be judged based on your blog.

After some gentle encouragement from my friend Shauna, I decided to give it a whirl.  I mean how bad could I be judged?  It's not like that many people will read it! 

I was still hung up on the question what will I name my blog? Being the creative individual I am, I made a list...

Cupcake Queen...nope.  On a diet, can't have cupcakes.  Plus my blog isn't about cupcakes.  Most times.

Jumping Jessika?....uh...that's a no.  There's no good words that start with "J"  Why couldn't my name start with an R or an S or an M?

Krazy Kitchen?....there I go with the food again.  Plus spelling crazy wrong would drive me nuts.

My inspiration came when I was talking to Daniel about our Halloween Costumes.  I wanted to be Arial.  He didn't want to be a sea prince.  I wanted to be Mrs. Incredible.  He thought Mr. Incredible was fat.  It went on and on until I said "ok, what do you want to be for Halloween?"  He paused and said "You wear all white and I'll wear all black and we'll wear signs saying Ying & Young."

Ding! Ding! Ding!  That's it!  What?!  No, not the perfect Halloween costume (He'll be Mr. Incredible whether he thinks it makes him look fat or not), the perfect name for our blog!  It's perfect because one day you'll get some nice, comforting food, and the next I'll be ranting on something that makes me mad. 

I've got to start taking pictures too.  Maybe Lechelle and Shauna will help teach me how...I usually turn out red eyes, that is if I get the head in the picture. 

Anyway, until next time.  I'll have photos for ya!  Can't promise any miracles though!

No comments:

Post a Comment